Saturday, August 08, 2009

Plans Pt. 9

I have always had a bunch of dreams about opening my own business. Back when I was much younger I used to talk about opening a small rep cinema with a café and a liquor license. Something tasteful and small that would be a destination for those folks that liked old movies, a glass of beer and possibly a sandwich or a salad. I don't think about it much anymore, but it comes back to me from time to time. Like tonight, for example.

For the longest while, I have always thought we would open your business. A clinic, most likely in Kingston, but some place downtown in a university town, where we could be part of a business community. Nice and tasteful, but urban and young.

I would manage the staff and the front and you would manage the care. We would be a team.

I didn't stop there. I knew you and your sister talked a lot about a coffee shop. Something fun and arty, with a community gallery and a place she could sell her jewellery and crafts.

It expanded in my head. We would do a small trade in used books and carry local bands' cds. Maybe even sell concert tickets. A café that was also a cultural hub for whatever town we lived in.

Wood and art everywhere, it was an incredible place, cozy and fun.

A place you would love to visit.

No comments: