Saturday, August 01, 2009

Memories Pt. 20

early the first summer.

Money wasn't the best. You were working part-time and I was paying for the house mostly by myself. I wasn't used to all the expenses of a girlfriend so money was tight. Tighter than at the end.

I needed a haircut, but didn't want to go see my barber. Mostly because I didn't want to pull myself away from you, but I also didn't want to spend the money.

I suggested it and you looked shocked like you didn't believe. You hadn't done it in a long time and felt the pressure of my job. To be honest, I was scared. I thought it would be fun, but I didn't think through the possible worst cases. I could have always shaved my head, but work may not have appreciated that.

So I asked you to cut my hair and got a chair and a towel and proceeded out to the patio. You hesitantly got the clippers and came out after me.

'Are you sure about this?', you posed.

What's the worst that can happen? I can always go get him to fix it or shave my head, I replied wrapping the towel around my shoulders.

And away we went, clippers buzzing, you shaking a little. You concentrating a lot.

I am not sure I have ever seen you concentrate like that, not doing a crossword or playing disc golf. You were totally enrapt, not wanting to screw up my head.

And it was fine. You did a good job. I didn't have to go see my barber or shave my head.

I was so proud of you and happy you did a good job. I hadn't had a woman cut my hair since my mother when I was a child and you had done her proud, no bowl cut here.

I should have let you do it more often.

No comments: