Saturday, August 08, 2009

Plans Pt. 8

I never forgot it.

You mentioned it so early, but kept returning to it time and time again. It was one of those things that people think about, rarely, but think about it and make vague plans that they come back to at a later date, modify and store again, to repeat.

I remember one time when we talked about it, it became big. You had your ideas and in a fit of intrinsic mania I threw a giant loop into it, just to make it that much more wacky and weird.

But without the weirdness, I wanted to see the Carolinas with you.

You had vacationed there when you were a child and desperately wanted to share the beaches that you remembered with someone.

I wanted to be that someone. I had never been, but I so desperately wanted to change that.

To drive south, on the freeways and byways. To order grits and chicken fried steak in a roadside diner. To lounge on a southern beach and stay in motels and camp grounds.

All of those things I wanted to do.

To take that southern roadtrip with you. To be on the run, on the lam, whatever, heading south.

I wanted to do those things

I wanted to do them with you.

No comments: