Monday, August 24, 2009

Memories Pt. 32

the first summer

We had been hanging out every night. You still called it dating. I was playing it close to the vest, not wanting you to go.

We rode our bikes everywhere. To parks, many parks. We lay on grass and played on swings. I think we saw every park west of bathurst.

We went to bars for drinks and conversation. Bars we wouldn't grace ever again and some we made our own.
You held my hand and kissed my lips. You looked amazing, as you always did, but you also glowed and your eyes gleamed with expectation and excitement.
You kept dropping hints, but I was obtuse. Well only a little. I didn't want to share you. And I was a little embarrassed.

Eventually, your pressure worked. Back you came. We went straight to my room after a short tour. And we never left. That summer we spent so much time in that room, on that patio.

But it was the first night, I remember.

'What took you so long', you breathed. Immediately switching, to lighten the moment, 'I thought I'd never get invited in', you teased.

I remember that night. Like it was yesterday.

How you made me feel wanted, how you filled my heart and made me smile.

No comments: