Saturday, August 15, 2009

Memories Pt. 29

dark night, on the path

Early on we rode our bikes a lot together. You love you bike and always said you felt better, no matter what, after you got to ride your bike. I think it made you feel like a kid again. Your face glowed after a ride, beautiful and alive.

I didn't ride my bike much before I met you. Some, but not much. You brought that out in me.

You were always afraid of how I rode. You thought I was a little reckless, but strangely you were the one had more close calls. The night all the drunk idiots stepped out in front of you on bloor scared me. I felt powerless as I watched you fall.

I usually rode behind you when we traveled. Riding reckless and fast, sometimes I would look back and you would be falling behind. I hated that.

You were my guide through the nooks and crannies of the city. Staring at your bum the whole way, you would take me to our destination safe and sound. You would guide me through. I didn't even have to think.

Riding home from the east along the path. In the park near strachan, where the path gets twisty and dark, I felt the loss. It was so dark and my light wasn't very bright.

I looked up, but you weren't there. You weren't in front of me to guide me.

And I didn't know what to do.

How would I get through without you?

No comments: