Friday, July 31, 2009

Memories Pt. 18

lunches and dinners, early on

When we were both much younger and romance still trumped real life, I used to come visit you at work for lunches and dinners. Sometimes it would be a rest stop on my way to and from work, other times I would make a special trip. I would often bring food or fruit to make sure you had enough, other times we would go out.

There was no rhyme or reason.

Sometimes when I arrived, I would hang back a little and watch you while you worked. I loved watching you at work. Your true compassion and caring comes out. You were meant to help people. You chose well. I was so lucky.

When I finally came forward you'd always brighten and greet me with a 'hey you' and a smile which still makes my heart flutter.

I miss those lunches and dinners, sitting on a bench, people watching. I miss sharing salad and fruit. I miss the pain of tearing myself away.

I miss you.

No comments: