Saturday, July 18, 2009

Memories Pt. 6

mornings, any day.

Sometimes I was up early, sometimes you left me sleeping in our bed.

They never changed. They only got better.

When I had to get up first, I hoped I would wake up seconds before the alarm would sound, so I could leap out of bed and turn it off, not waking you. Shave, shower and dressed, I would return to our room, catching a glimpse at the sleeping beauty that lay there before me.

Crawling ever so lightly over all the cats, I would inch in so I could lay the softest kiss possible on your forehead or cheek, trying with all my heart not to wake you.

Every morning I would start my day with failure.

You would always stir, ever so slightly, and, not opening your eyes, whisper through mouthguard and sleep, 'Have a nice day, muchacho'

My heart would melt everytime. And everytime I could do nothing but obey.

On those mornings where I was lucky enough to sleep in a little, I would lie there dead to the world, trying desperately to stay asleep while watching you get dressed; a peak at a secret show.

After all your morning rituals you, too, would turn back to the bed, leaning in, and kiss me on my head.

'Have a nice day, muchacho', I would hear through fog and dream. I would smile and turn and head back down to slumberland fully engulfed by the heat and love carried by those words.

No comments: