Monday, July 27, 2009

Memories Pt. 14

summer, in kingston

We were in the mall. You were desperately looking for a dress for a wedding we were invited to. Having no luck and coming down to the wire you finally found one and what a deal it was! You were so under budget that you got super excited and bought me two sweaters. I loved when you got excited. You became so radiant.

We continued to shop. Having nothing on our agenda and you seemingly having a surplus in your budget we went into every store worth entering.

At Guess or Buffalo, I don't remember which, we stumbled upon a sale. You grabbed some things and headed to the change room. I sat outside on a stool talking to you through the curtain as I always did.

Emerging, to give me a show, you were wearing that top. The backless ethereal patterned top with the billowie short sleeves.

My jaw dropped. You looked incredible, radiant and completely at ease. The shirt fit you perfectly. You spun around with a joyous smile on your face. Your lithe toned back finally had the right canvas to work. The tailoring revealed a hint of your tattoos. I was smitten. It was like two long lost relatives finally found each other.

'Is it too revealing?', you asked.

Not on your life, I thought. It is everything you are to me, playful, sexy, modest and fun.

No way, you have to get it, I said.

You did.

I think you wore it twice, but you took it out of the closet a bunch. You always seemed too shy or doubtful of your own beauty to wear it. Both stupid ideas. It made you look more amazing than you always did.

I loved you in it and loved you when you couldn't put it on.

Although those times I wished you could see yourself through my eyes.

No comments: