Friday, June 09, 2006

"This isn't how the tours of my house usually end, but I'm not complaining"

The roomies have gone to the mall, not sure why, but I am happy about the peace and quiet.

Just finished watching a DVD with the patio door open. The cool breeze is really pleasant, but I wish it were a little warmer.

I broke a valve on my bike's front tire, which sucks. Now I have two bikes in my front porch with flat front tires. Next week will be bike repair day. I promise.

Last night at volleyball, the skies opened up. We were getting spanked by a nice enough group of players, when all of a sudden it was the best sun shower I have ever experienced. A tiny, dark and dangerous cloud had been hovering over the Pavillion for about an hour when it decided it had had enough. Bam! Rain, in sheets, came down with a vengence, but off to the side were rays of light. Bright sunbeams just out of reach. Of course, we kept playing. The ball got slick and heavy and coated with mud. The net sagged under the weight of a drenching. I went from sweaty to completely soaked in a millisecond. People scattered, trying desperately to get under some cover. Even the dragonboaters (goddamn, dragonboaters) tried to get in. We kept playing. For a little while. It was awesome.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my music email. It was great to hear all the different voices.

No comments: