Friday, February 02, 2007

A long time coming...

I can't believe it took me this long to do this. February 2nd, ritual vermin worshiping and my brother's b-day, and I have yet to post by music selections of the past year. Shame on me.

All had a North American release in Aught-six, so here they are.

Top 10 Albums of 2006 (alphabetically):

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Letting Go
Cat Power - The Greatest
The Format - Dog Problems
Girl Talk - Night Ripper
Grand National - Kicking The National Habit
Hot Chip - The Warning
Placebo - Meds
Small Sins - Small Sins
Sufjan Stevens - Songs For Christmas
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

Honourable Mentions:

Aberdeen City - The Freezing Atlantic
Band of Horses - Everything All The Time
Peter, Bjorn and John - Writer's Block
Sia - Colour The Small One
Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots

Most Over-hyped Albums of 2006:

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain


No comments: