Sunday, February 11, 2007

a few simple reasons why I like the girl that I like...

  • When we barely knew one another she travelled half way across the country just to spend some time with me. Months later, her eyes still light up when talking about it.
  • When she was sleepy and I sang her a made up lullaby she told me I was cute although we both knew it wasn't very good.
  • She doesn't complain about the temperature of my house. She just just smiles and reminds me how much more fun it is to snuggle in the cold.
  • She spent her lunch hour shopping for a down filled pillow to bring to my house. It is here in the bed next to me, all cozy and inviting, modeling her pyjamas, when she isn't.
  • Lying on my couch, cuddling my cat, she pretends to have conversations. They seem to be discussing me, but neither one ever tells what was said.
  • She has a bunch of pet names for me, each with a look and meaning, which she seems to use at exactly the perfect time, everytime.
  • Standing at a concert, leaning forward on her tip toes to see, she brushed her hand across my leg to make sure I was still there.
  • Her dresser has a whole drawer just for hats and mitts.

No comments: