Sunday, August 20, 2006

If happiness is empty rooms and drinkin’ in the afternoon. Well, I suppose I’m happy as a clam.

There has been a little project I have been working on in my spare time. Considering how much of that I have of late, I thought I would get your assistance.

I have been working on a playlist of sorts. I have been trying to put together a list of songs that have to do with Sundays. But not just any Sunday. A specific type of Sunday. The songs have to be about those Sundays when you are feeling a little down because of all the awful stuff you did to yourself on Saturday. Or about nesting on Sundays. Good examples would be Kristofferson's 'Sunday Mornin Comin Down' or 'Sunday Morning' by No Doubt. 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' by U2 is the wrong idea.

Any takers?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it have to have Sunday in the title? What about the best long to listen to on Sundays like that... like Bill Frissell/Ornette Coleman/Miles Davis's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world"?

Anonymous said...

*song*

Anonymous said...

i don't know if this song is about a sunday but it should be. hangover days by jason collet. great song!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... Sunday Morning by No Doubt was the first one that came to mind but you took that out of the running right off the bat. I can't say that I actually remember many songs that have Sunday in the title (which is the criteria I am working on) but I did remember a song from way back which was a little silly but I thought was fun - Sunday Papers by Joe Jackson. I actually don't have the song myself but it does have a light, mindless, upbeat tempo for a Sunday which kind of makes you smile and chuckle.

But I went through my library of songs (on the hard drive of course) and found one in my Beck collection which I hadn't listened to in a while. Maybe that disqualifies it but after listening to it again, it is a nice song for contemplating the end of the weekend - Sunday Sun.

spezbaby said...

The song doesn't have to have Sunday in the title, but it has to reference Sunday in the lyrics.

Also, it needs to be more than an instrumental.

Thanks so far for all the suggestions.

Anonymous said...

maroon 5 has one called Sunday Morning . . .very pop but upbeat