Monday, August 21, 2006

Contrary boy meets his fate...

Email and text set the scene.
Volleyball game, a slight pause in between.
Back turned, walking away.
"Can't stay,
have to meet someone important to me."

Irony of location is not lost,
as she enters on a wave of frost.
Pain and hurt read in her eyes.
"I'm sorry", she sighs,"
I don't know what came over me."

On a rough bench facing her,
He admits, "I can't be sure."
His heart on his sleeve.
"Part me wants to just leave,
but most wants you to grab me."

Indecision creeps up his spine,
as he looks into eyes so fine.
Hand follows eye to rest on thigh.
"I am not sure if I can even try.
What you did really gutted me."

Her face so sorry, his heart skips a beat,
making the decision come complete.
"You know? You are a total dumbass,
to drop us into this morass.
So you might as well just come home with me."

No comments: