Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Aimless in Wonder

My holiday is rapidly coming to an end. Another long night has passed, hugging old friends and shaking the hands of new acquaintences. Merriment seems to continue being a full contact sport. It hurts and makes you wince, but the rush and comraderie make it worthwhile.

Place!

I needed some alone time tonight. More and more, I have been finding that I need to play my Ipod, walk down the road and think some thoughts. I think it makes me a better fella, but it can alienate those around.

Christmas reminds me how much I love this place. I don't fit; feel completely unattached; belong somewhere else, but I physically feel better here. The air refreshes, the incessant rain/snow actually makes me feel better. Two nights in a row I wandered home, soaked to my knees, but loving every minute.

Unless you have been here, you will never understand this place. I am still here and yet I miss it.

There is too much bedrock, too much wind, too much rain. But, the wind and rain and rock underfoot accept the people and we accept them. For what they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to think that most people have a place a lot like the one you describe.

pol said...

that sounds really nice. drinks soon to hear more about it ok?