Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Memory No. 40

cupboards, in the house; dead of winter

As the days keep turning into night, I listen. Listening for songs and signs. Noises, really.

Little bits of you, hiding.

Hiding in plain view, but sound travels in a way, a simple way, a way I can't see and only hear for a second.

Remember when? Remember when Valentine's was coming, almost here, but coming fast and sure.

You went to the store and bought some stickers. Retro and cool.

Hiding them, being on your mind, you arrived home. Placing them, where I would look.

Small places, dark and sure.

It took me a while, but I found them all.

You hid them well, throughout the house to be stumbled upon.

First in the pocket.
Second on the shelf.
Third and fourth piled up.

Placed together.

Rx: Need a little spooning?

No comments: